October 2014 Neighborhood Market Update – Ballantyne Area

Ballantyne Area

There were 119 closed sales in the Ballantyne area of south Charlotte in October 2014, down 6.3% from the same time in 2013 and down 10.5% from September.   64.7% of these closed sales were for single-family homes – mostly three and four bedroom homes – while the remaining 35.3% were for condominiums/townhomes (primarily two […]

October 2014 Neighborhood Market Update – Uptown

Uptown

There were 15 closed sales in Uptown Charlotte in October 2014, down 25% from the same time last year.  14 of these closed sales were resale properties; only one was for new construction.  Most of the closed sales in October were for condominiums/townhomes (14), and most of these had two bedrooms or less.  There were […]

October 2014 Neighborhood Market Update – Dilworth

Dilworth

The real estate market in the Dilworth neighborhood was all about condominium sales in October 2014. There were 15 closed sales in October 2014 in Dilworth, 12 of which (80%) were for condominiums/townhomes. Most sales were for resale properties (93.3%).  Median sales price for October was $250,000, down 42.2% from October 2013, and driven by […]

October 2014 Neighborhood Market Update – Myers Park

Myers Park

There were 14 closed sales in Myers Park in October 2014.  Twelve of those sales were for resale properties while two were for new construction.  Eight of these closed sales were for single-family homes; six were for condominiums/townhomes.  Of the single-family homes that closed, most were for three and four bedroom homes while condo sales […]

October 2014 Neighborhood Market Update – Charlotte, NC

All Charlotte

Charlotte remains one of the nation’s more affordable housing markets with October 2014’s median sales price of a single-family home and/or condominium/townhome at $175,000, an increase of 3.9% from October 2013. Comparatively, Sacramento, CA, had a median sales price of $276,960 and Portland, OR, had $289,900. Why compare Charlotte with Sacramento and Portland? Charlotte is […]

September 2014 Neighborhood Market Update – Luxury Market

Luxury

In Charlotte NC, a luxury home is defined as one that is listed for sale for $500,000 or greater.  Of the 75 closed sales in September 2014, only 2 were foreclosures. 92% of these closed luxury sales were for single-family homes, primarily with 4 and 5+ bedrooms; condo/townhouse closed sales for this same period (8%) […]