Huntersville, NC – Ten minutes north of Charlotte, just south of Cornelius and on the southern end of Lake Norman is Huntersville. There are lots of things to see and do in Huntersville – Mountain Island Lake, Carolina Raptor Center, Latta Plantation, Rural Hill, and Birkdale Village, a mixed-use development patterned after New England seacoast towns. Additional shopping can be found just a short drive down I-77 South to Northlake Mall. Highland Creek neighborhood is one of the largest neighborhoods in the state and spans two counties (Mecklenburg and Cabarrus).
- Population (2013): 50,458
- Size: 39.61 square miles
- Median sales price: $224,000
- Distance to Charlotte: 15 miles north on I-77
- School system: Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools
- Parks/Greenways: Walker Branch Greenway, McDowell Creek Greenway, Blythe Landing, Huntersville Family Fitness & Aquatics